Friday 18 January 2013

Evaluation


In this project, we had to have two clients from Music Production to do a photo shoot with. I was a bit hesitant at first as I hadn't shot anyone who I didn't know before but I thought it would be a good experience for me. I really enjoyed this project as I got to use the studio again, with the other project it was more location and dark room. I really love working in the studio, made me realise how it can be stressful with sorting things out with clients, whether they turn up or not. Luckily both of my clients did and they were both very good in the studio. I wanted to make them both feel comfortable and not nervous, there's nothing worse than not feeling comfortable doing something. I felt like I learnt a lot more about lighting as well, before I would just go in and not know what I wanted. I also learnt a lot from being professional with people who you don't know, you can't be running around like a headless chicken as they will think that it won't turn out very well and it's not good for your reputation.

With Louis, I knew that he wanted a shadow on the drop down behind him, to do this I had to use a key light at the front and to the side. I also used the shoot through umbrella to soften everything in the shot. These are my three favourites out of the lot for Louis, I preferred the coloured version of the first one to the black and white one because I really like the lighting on his face. I like the vairety of the photos I picked for Louis as they are all different to each other.





With Will, the lighting was really easy as well, I had two lights on both sides of him with a red and a blue gel over the top of him. I also used another light which was placed behind him to define his hair. These are my three favourites as I really like the lighting in these photos, I also like how I messed around with the brightness and contrast. I really liked shooting him while he was doing live action, I prefer to do this rather than doing poses as I think that's a bit more awkward to do if you're feeling umcomfortable. But I also would have liked a bit of varitey in the shots of Will.




If I were to do this project again, I would like to have had a smoke/fog machine for Will's photoshoot as I think that would have made it even better. I also would have liked a few more of location for Will, I would have liked to have done it on a day where it wasn't so dull and to have used a different camera as I was having trouble with using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment